We are a passionate group that believe we can help young athletes stay in their game by:
- PROVIDING RESOURCES. We work with hands-on trainers to give each coach, parent, or sport club the necessary sport-specific information on how to protect and improve your athletes’ performance.
- BEING A NETWORK. We connect health care providers, local gyms, and trainers with coaches, athletes, and parents. We create a science-based prevention program in YOUR area using YOUR local providers.
- BEING ACCESSIBLE. We provide our services at LOW or NO cost through trained volunteers, to provide protection to ALL socioeconomic levels of athletes.
- MAKING IT FUN and challenging.
- Let’s face it, the only reason that knee injury is such a big problem in the female athlete is because it’s not fun to do the preventive moves off of a worksheet, at home. By working with the coaches to find ways to build the protective stuff right into your routine drills or using group games- it’s fun! There are studies showing prevention is nearly 90% effective BUT IT NEEDS TO BE DONE ROUTINELY in order to have a cumulative effect.
- IF YOU KNEW THAT YOUR KID COULD HAVE A 50% CHANCE OF HAVING ARTHRITIS OF THE KNEE AND POSSIBLE FUTURE KNEE REPLACEMENT- WOULDN’T YOU DO SOMETHING?
- IF YOU KNEW THAT RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT THERE ARE EXERCISES THAT ARE UP TO 80+% EFFECTIVE IN INJURY PREVENTION, WOULDN’T YOU WANT YOUR ATHLETE TO BE DOING THEM?
We STUDY, SCREEN, EDUCATE, TRAIN.
Like to do this in your community?
Ask us how.
- It is difficult to ask a 16 year old to think ahead to what her body will be like when she’s 30. But 30 is awfully young to be struggling with symptoms of a degenerative knee and a possible knee replacement. Think ahead. That’s what we are here for.
- We study your sport for inherent bio-mechanical flaws that put the athlete at an increased risk of injury. Once identified, we work to reduce injuries by training against them. It takes a lot of time to learn the precise needs of the athlete, and coaches rarely have the time. Coaches are looking for ways to keep the athlete safe AND not cut into their already limited training times.
- We train coaches and athletes with cutting-edge moves and drills that incorporate science-based, injury-preventing movements. We screen the athletes to evaluate for risks of the sport. The ”at risk“ athlete is identified and is assigned extra homework in an effort to decrease their risk for injury. Coaches can then keep this information forever, along with the multitude of exercises, homework sheets and laminated exercise sheets.