WELCOME TO TABOR RUNNING CLUB!
Amy Lennon, DC and Matt Walsh, PT
All levels are welcome: Pre-track base, 5K, 10K, half marathon, full marathon and injury prevention training.
If you thought you couldn’t run, see what the experts have to say …
We will work together to meet you at your current level, to build healthy training habits, and to correct current imbalances. This includes a work-up that addresses the following:
- Setting Goals: we will create an individualized plan to set a timeline for your progress.
- Running Status: we will both test your current status and discuss your running history.
- Addressing Weak Areas: our staff is trained to assess areas of injury, whether acute or chronic.
After you sign up, we will email you a form which will give us a strong basis for personalizing your training plan.
Schedule: 6am -7:15am weekly.
We can promise you’ll be back in your car by 7:15, sweaty and strong.
The 60-70 minute session includes:
5-6 min Warm up: light jog loop, catching stragglers who arrive 5 min late.
5-6 min Dynamic warm-up and “your spot(s)” static stretch
10 min plyo
30 min Focused run, lead with technique and slow pace
10 min Either strength or speed (2 groups)
5 min Core strength
5-6 min Stretch/cool down
Sessions will vary between either short focused runs or longer training runs.
Focused run, 20+ mins:
1) hill repeats
3) track wo every other.
Longer run, 30-45 mins:
1) with tempo
2) long run with technique
3) long run with given pace (6 min mile, 8 min mile, 9 min mile, etc)
4) chi-running principles for those interested
$100 for 10 class package. Payment due at sign-up.
$15 class drop-in fee. For your convenience we offer on-site credit card payment, with the option of emailing a receipt.
Insurance billing: this is a possible option to be reviewed individually, off-site with 2 days notice.
250$ Gait Evaluation: This is an add-on option for a separate time and location, to be arranged in person.